These self-defense tricks could get you out of some pretty scary situations.
1. Hide large amounts of money in feminine hygiene wrappers.
2. If you’re being attacked on the street, throw your wallet in the opposite direction for the assailant. They’ll likely run toward your money, which is when you should run away as fast as you can.
3. Know the locations of different pressure points.
4. If you’ve ever wanted to take off your shoe and hit someone with it, now you can.
5. If you’re stuck in a car’s trunk, kick out the back tail lights and wave your hand to other cars.
6. Know how to perform a heel punch.
7. Pepper spray, dog spray or hornet spray will deter an attack. Know how to get and use them.
8. Be confident when walking down the street. Pay attention and be aware of your surroundings.
9. Add one of these to your keychain.
10. Download the SafeTrek App.
If you feel like you’re in a dangerous area, hold down the button on the app until your feel safe. If you release it at any point, authorities will be notified unless you input your passcode.
11. Know how to get out of zip ties.
12. Don’t forget to use the crown of your head as a weapon.