It’s easy to think of historical eras as somehow more normal and stately than today. However, this wasn’t always the case. No matter the time period or the culture, it seems that people have always been, well, a bit odd.
Before the World Wide Web, people weren’t always in tune with the weirdness of others, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t happening. Take a look at just how weird people were back in the “good old days.”
30. 5,000 phone line connections in Stockholm in 1890
29. The winners of the 1956 “Miss Perfect Posture” contest at the chiropractor’s convention
28. Police combining chariots and motorcycles in New South Wales in 1936
27. Mini tanks sent by German soldiers to blow up British tanks from underneath
26. Members of the KKK riding a ferris wheel in 1925
25. Scooters have been a thing since at least 1916